Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Easy to make Flowers: Poppies






I saw these lovely flowers on Ez's blog Creature Comforts a while back and was dying to try them out. When I finally went to Mumbai in March, my sister and I picked up some satin to try our hand at all the enticing flowers we've been pinning onto our DIY boards. I'd seen the tutorial for these ones and tried them out.

Now that am back home, I made a fresh batch of two! The little one was a great accessory for my bright red saree. It made me feel like a retro film star, mostly because of my hairstyle really. The big poppy has been made for a special little girl. I just need to figure out how to get it to her now.

Go check out Ez's super easy tutorial. She's even added videos, just watch them even if you aren't making the flowers right away. You never know when you'll be in the mood for poppies too. These make excellent gift toppers, hair accessories or brooches.

I've made much flatter versions of the original design, with only three whorls, which I think look good as hair accessories. If you add your own little twist, be sure to share it with us.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 7, 2012 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Gayatri said...

You guys are so creative ya! I set out to make lovely things like this and end up with a hodgepodge of everything :(

 
At June 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Priyanka Nayar said...

Okay, so the trick is to pick out really really easy DIYs ;) I have a bunch of complicated, half-done projects hiding in a cardboard box. These flowers are truly simple, and the best part is that you they don't have to be perfect...nature likes them quirky too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sunny Nomad: Easy to make Flowers: Poppies

This page has moved to a new address.

Easy to make Flowers: Poppies