Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fly, soar, just touch the sky...

I live in this unique part of Kerala. It's in the Malabar region,with hills, the sea and backwaters all calmly co-existing with the huge hoardings, bright pink buses in a tearing hurry and Theyyam - a powerful dance form indigenous to these parts. I feel blessed to be surrounded by so much beauty - trees, flowers, animals, sands, birds and the blue blue sea.

Some Sundays when we're not feeling too lazy, me and N head out for a long walk down to the beach. It is a long, long walk taking about an hour to get there and then a little over an hour back. When we get to the beach, we just walk about aimlessly, collecting shells for some fish tank, enjoying the sound of the waves lapping against the shore.It's like a shot of soul nourishing music.

But this Sunday, we had a special treat waiting to be discovered. Seagulls - lining the entire shore...there must have been a hundred at least! We just sat across from the shore, at a vantage point, just looking at them come and go and come back again. Swooping low for fish, paddling on the waves, simply spreading their wings and stretching. The last time I saw gulls was in Istanbul in September, I hope to see them again soon.









Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 21, 2011 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Gayatri said...

These are lovely photos. I'm so jealous that you live smack in the middle of such beauty while I am freezing my ass off 8 months of the year!

Love,
Gayatri

 
At December 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Priyanka Nayar said...

Thank you Gayatri. I know what you mean, all I can say is come stay with us for a while :) And am sure you can go find some lovely places not far from where you are...go look!

Love.

 
At December 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Anonymous Kanishk said...

Hello! This is an ambitious little place. I love how it is categorised.

I love the Shutter section most though. I hope this little corner of the globe becomes a really busy place filled with prettiness and all things SunnyNomad. I'll keep dropping by from time to time.

K.

 
At December 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Priyanka Nayar said...

Hello K, so happy you left me such sweet words of encouragement. I hope am able to keep you interested when you come back! See you soon in Mumbai.

Love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sunny Nomad: Fly, soar, just touch the sky...

This page has moved to a new address.

Fly, soar, just touch the sky...