Thursday, February 23, 2012

Free Printable Poster: For the love of Chai

My morning cup of tea is what has kept me alive all these years. There's only one thing I do regularly, and that is enjoy my first cup of chai. N has learnt the hard way not to bother me until I've had my first sip. It's my favourite ritual, and am very protective of this special me-time!


I have fond memories associated with cutting chai, one of my favourite ways to down my poison. It reminds me of hours spent on campus, lazing under the trees, having the most interesting conversations that only leisurely mornings can afford. Then there are those quick chai-breaks at work with friends, the 10 minutes we allow ourselves to either forget about the impending presentation or rant about something that is making life difficult. By the time the chai is drained from the cup, the tension has evaporated. Or the cutting chai with khari (a kind of puffy biscuit), in the wee hours of the morning, just after a three-day college fest has been wrapped up.


When I pack my bags for travel, I always wonder if the destination will be able to satisfy this whim of mine. So I carry a small box of Chai Masala when I travel to places that I know won't live up to my tea expectations. It adds the addictive desi flavour to even the blandest of teas, making all the difference between a dull and a lovely day.  


I've been missing my Mumbai cutting chai so much lately, I thought of doing something to say how much I love it! So here's a poster I made, which I think is the beginning of a series of chai-obsessed things am going to design. If you'd like your own copy to print and mount, just drop me a line and I'll share a link with you.


Oh, and pray tell me, what is the one thing you can't start your day without?



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous kanishk said...

Thank you for the printable. Its lovely. I am going to get permission to frame it. ;)

I have adopted a twist on the morning ritual. Since I come in to office earlier than I used to, I use the Lipton tea bag and dip it into very hot water for just long enough for the chai to seep out and turn it amber. Then I add a spot of milk, lots of sugar and ta-da. Have got some of my friends hooked to this style as well.

Of course, nothing can beat cutting, so we go down and get out fix from the nukkad every afternoon.

K.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Priyanka Nayar said...

:) Have sent off a high res PDF to you.

I like teabags with bags of flavour! If there's too much water, the tea is too weak. Using tea bags for the perfect chai is an art...you should teach me it!
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sunny Nomad: Free Printable Poster: For the love of Chai

This page has moved to a new address.

Free Printable Poster: For the love of Chai