Monday, March 19, 2012

Photo Project - B for Bougainvillea

In continuation with my resolution to do new things everyday, I have learnt to toy around with Picasa. Until recently, I was happy with leaving pictures untouched. But editing is an addiction. I began with just brightening up the image and now am hooked!

I've embarked on an ambitious photo project which requires me to click pictures through the month to cover the English alphabet. I first got inspired to do this when I read about it here on Ez's blog . However, it's super difficult to find the time or inspiration to click an image a day, what with the crazy demands of a full-time job in advertising. So am doing a couple of letters at a time over the weekends. I don't know if I will survive through all 26 letters. But here's a start.

B for Bougainvillea. Orange, pink, red cascades of these abound in India and make any garden pop with colour. This is a shrub that's on my way to the beach. I've been planning to click it for a while now. The first picture is mildly edited. I've played around a lot more with the next three, which are versions of the same click. I love the last one, it reminds me of a Japanese garden.














Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Gomes said...

I love the bougainvillea. You should get the purplish ones too. They make me a feel a bit sad, I don't know why though. Maybe because the ones I see are often dusty and used as cheap fence material in small towns.

 
At March 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Priyanka Nayar said...

I know what you mean. But I've been seeing them with fresh eyes. They really are the hardiest flowering shrubs I know of, don't need any special care or attention and if the right shades are planted to complement the location, they can lift up the eye-candy value a few notches. I love the neon pinkish-orange ones best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sunny Nomad: Photo Project - B for Bougainvillea

This page has moved to a new address.

Photo Project - B for Bougainvillea