Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shutter Love: Thinking of Cochin

Last November, I was in Cochin for the first time. Over the years, I'd heard so much about it, I was dying to experience it. Since I know am going back sometime soon, I didn't lug my camera around everywhere, I wanted to actually absorb everything sans the viewfinder. Am like that about places, shy about using my camera at first brush. I prefer to see with the human eye, find something that arrests my attention, introduces me to the city, and only then think of using the camera to capture it. Sometimes, I let beautiful things go, not wanting to freeze them in time. Sometimes I regret the decision, most times am happy to have actually seen it.

The sloping roofed houses I saw on Willingdon Island warmed me up to the place. Here are two clicks I liked from my short trip to the beautiful city. Hope you like them too. Tell me, how do you like to remember a city?






Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Clown Syndrome said...

i write it. i draw it. i poem it. i picture it. i make friends in it, with it.

i live it :D

 
At April 5, 2012 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Priyanka Nayar said...

Turtle! Of course you do, you multi-talented woman. :)

 
At May 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

By its colours, smells and tastes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sunny Nomad: Shutter Love: Thinking of Cochin

This page has moved to a new address.

Shutter Love: Thinking of Cochin